Advice for Learning in a Tandem
Learn Languages in a Tandem
You can improve your learning if you know what you want to learn and how you learn best if you organize and evaluate it. If you do not know what you want or how you want to learn from it yet, the following questions may help you:
- What do I want to improve? Name one or two learning goals. The European Common Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) might give you an orientation.
- How do I know that I have approached my goals or that I have reached it?
- Which next step do I want to do in order to reach my goal?
Exact descriptions of the several competences in the foreign languages in accordance with the CEFR you can find here.
Reflections on your own learning can start with the following questions:
- Which learning type are you? How do I learn easily and with pleasure?
- How can I improve my vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking or listening comprehension in the foreign language?
You can also get information and advice during the coordinator’s office hour (upon prior consultation).